Tuesday, September 27, 2011

He Gone! Best Baseball Story of the Year, Thus Far.

 I'm heading to Miami, trick.

So, I am driving home last night and ESPN decides to send me a text message with the following message: "Source: White Sox Manager, Ozzie Guillen, traded to Marlins for 2 minor league players." What a blow to the ego! The ChiSox won a World Series with Guillen at the helm in 2005, but the ChiSox were ready to see him go after eight years together.

Ozzie had met with ChiSox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf early yesterday, where Ozzie apparently forced Reinsdorf’s hand to commit to the Guillen on the heels of a disappointing season, or to end the relationship. Well, I guess the ChiSox didn't want to force over money because after the conclusion of last night's game, the White Sox announced that Guillen's tenure was over. Guillen did have a lot to say after the game and it's no surprise that he dropped the 'F' bomb, "More years? F*ck more years,” Guillen said. “I want more money." “I don’t work here for years. No, I want more money. Years? What, I’m going to die poor with the White Sox? Hell, no. “I live in Chicago and in the winter you only get drunk and get fat besides watching the Bulls play and the [Black]hawks.

Well, Ozzie here's to a fabulous time with the Marlins. Also, I think you'll enjoy it there because it's not so cold in Miami.

No comments:

Post a Comment