Sunday, August 28, 2011

How To Win Your Fantasy Football League

If you've been watching the t.v. show, "The League" or are extremely caught up in the FFL whirlwind (I have 5 teams so far and counting), then you have probably created a Fantasy Football team. Now, what? Well, I am the best person to ask, since I have won two Fantasy Football League's number one spot and I will help you dominate yours. (I feel sorry for the people who are in my league because I will dominate). I have created some nice, simple rules to oblige by and I hope they help you and others out, too.


It's Okay to Draft Known Players

Photo of Adrian Peterson courtsey of ESPN.com

If you listen to the 'experts' on ESPN or any other sports network, they might tell you that drafting "well-known players" isn't such a good idea. Well, I have always played "well-known players" (i.e. Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, Dez Bryant, Michael Vick) and they have scored me major points on my fantasy football team. They are popular because they do well and most of the time they will do well, but everyone is human and people make mistakes and get hurt. Right now, Peyton Manning is sidelined with a neck injury and no one is sure when he will be back, if at all. He could be back, but that is a risk you as an owner will have to take.

Don't Listen To The Experts
The 'experts' think they know who is going to rack up the most points and they might, but do NOT, I repeat, do NOT listen to them. I listened to the guys on 'Fox NFL Sunday' and my team fell flat by week 3. Go with what your gut is saying because you know what is best for you!

Do Your Research
As I mentioned before, Peyton Manning is injured. If you want to do well and maintain your high score status, you will have to research players and see how they played in the offseason (which really shouldn't matter, but you should still take a quick glance at their Stats) and if they are injured. If you don't do your research, you could end up drafting Peyton Manning or some other 'dud' because you didn't know he was injured and get stuck by not being able to release him off your team.

Hope Other Owners in Your League Aren't Playing
There is a slight chance that you may have entered into a league on a whim and you don't know one single owner in that league. You are in luck! I've entered myself into leagues where I didn't know a SOUL and I was able to rack up points because I was the only team owner changing out my players every week and maintaining my team as a whole. This, however, is luck and I would not bank on this happening every single time.

Talk A lot of Smack
It'll show people that you aren't scared and you may impress some owners, but you could really tick them off, but that's the fun of it!

I hope I was able to help others out there with some insight into owning a Fantasy Football team. If you are ever in doubt about a player or naming your Fantasy Team, I am more than happy to help!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment